- Minimum Advance
- 20 Years Percentage
- of Sales or Buyout
Sure Fit, the home of the Ten Minute Makeover®, provides an attractive and affordable solution for consumers who need to protect furniture from children, pets and general wear or want to quickly and cost-effectively enhance the appearance of a room. Sure Fit is the only slipcover maker to offer 360-degree stretch fabric.
The company, founded in 1914 and category captain with 80% market share selling both major brick-and-mortar stores as well as on-line retailers, has focused its product development and marketing attention on traditional slipcovers and accessories (for sofas, loveseats, chairs, futons, dining room chairs, as well as complementary products like drapes, ottomans and decorative pillows) for at-home use.
Now, Sure Fit is looking for innovations in:
- Applications of or technical improvements to slipcovers (e.g. fit, look or maintenance enhancements) for at-home use;
- Applications of or technical improvements to furniture slipcovers in non-traditional venues (e.g. hospitality, pet, auto accessory, transit, medical, industrial); and
- Products that cover items — other than furniture — for protective or decorative reasons.
An example of products that the Company has independently developed or considered to expand its reach include:
- Protective covers for furniture during painting or home improvement activities;
- Outdoor covers and replacement seat cushions for patio furniture;
- Covers for lampshades;
- Covers for wheelchairs and lift recliners.
Sure Fit is looking for other innovations and inventions to further its authoritative position as “covering experts."
Keep in mind the emerging trends within the category:
• Stretch fabric to minimize SKUs by size and enhance a customized look
• Easy care (e.g. machine washable)
• Treatment focused (e.g. wrinkle-free, odor-free, stain resistance)
• Indoor or outside use
Sure Fit is not interested in products that need to be customized; these innovations must be ready-made, available to purchase off the shelf with just different dimensions based on traditional sizing.
The company is not interested in any apparel products.
Reward: Advance & Royalties
Licensed ideas will receive a $2,500 minimum advance on 20 years percentage of sales or buyout. We split the licensing royalties 50/50 with you on the products that we select. Royalties vary based upon the product but we always earn industry-leading rates.
We encourage you to submit a visual representation of your product (i.e., sketch or photo). While not required, we highly recommend you to submit video of yourself demonstrating a prototype and explaining the features and benefits of your submission. Please be as detailed as possible in telling us about your product innovation. As always, your submission should be unique and protectable (patent protection is helpful, but not a requirement).
To learn more about Sure Fit, visit www.surefit.com.
Edison Nation runs idea searches to match your inventions with the needs of the world’s largest brands.
Simply tell your invention’s story through our secure Innovation Search system. Our team reviews each idea and narrows the submissions down to the finalists, which are presented to the search sponsor.
Ready to get started? Join For Free