With innovative products like the Bowflex® Home Gym, Treadclimber®, and SelectTech® Dumbbells; Nautilus provides fitness solutions to customers that emphasize innovation and efficiency. Whether it’s for cardiovascular exercise or strength exercise, hardcore trainers or couch potatoes, Nautilus wants to see your product ideas for new home fitness equipment. Products should be intended for use by adults in their homes.
Product ideas should provide a superior value compared to current products in the market in at least one of the following areas:
• Efficiency – Burn more calories or build more muscle in less time
• Value – Lower cost and/or smaller size of the product with the same benefits
• Motivation – Fun to use or other motivation
Product ideas should also target the consumer’s need to:
• Look good – exercising to improve physical appearances
• Feel good – exercising to get or stay healthy
• Get a jump start on physical fitness – if they are not currently exercising, how can you help get them going?
Nautilus, Inc. is a pure fitness company that provides the tools and education necessary to help people achieve a fit and healthy lifestyle. With a brand portfolio that includes Nautilus®, Bowflex®, Schwinn® Fitness and Universal®, Nautilus manufactures and markets a complete line of innovative health and fitness products through direct, retail, specialty and international channels. For further information on Nautilus, please visit their web site at www.nautilusinc.com.
Got questions about this search? Check out the Q&A with a Nautilus representative here.
For this search, please submit your home fitness product ideas that emphasize efficiency, value or motivation. While not required, we highly encourage you to submit video of yourself demonstrating a prototype or the benefits and execution of your submission. As always, your submission must be unique and protectable.
• Submissions should have a suggested MSRP of $1,000 or less.
• Nautilus is only interested in ideas that include a physical product. Submissions strictly centered on a new fitness program or DVD routine (think P-90X) will not be selected. Submissions may rely heavily on programming recommended by the inventor, but there needs to be a physical product involved.
Each idea costs just $25 ($20 for Edison Insider members) to submit and, as long as you maintain Insider membership, your idea may be submitted to as many searches as you would like at no additional cost. Click here for more details on Live Product Search.